Harold Jackson Screenprint Ltd was acquired by Publicity Printing Company in 1982.
With the commencement of War in 1939 the two partners joined the forces leaving their wives to run the business. Against tough odds and a universal paper shortage they kept the company afloat until their husbands returned, pooled their demob pay and expanded.
As the east end was redeveloped the company moved to its current premises in Shawlands Glasgow in 1963.
In 1971 both partners retired and an offer was made to key staff for opportunity of a management buyout. Four members of staff raised the necessary funds putting everything including their homes on the line. In 1982 Harold Jackson Screenprint was acquired, originally in South Portland Street then moving to the Shawlands facility.
Over the years the business grew and diversified and maintained the legacy of innovation and a customer focussed business. In 2001 they too offered the same opportunity to their staff. Two staff members and an additional investor took up the reigns.
2007 saw the acquisition of a Pronta Print shop that was rebranded as Speediprint. Over the following decade only two of the original three remained and in 2011 the management structure changed again with another one of the original three leaving and a new director joining the company.
The Company currently employs 24 people the majority of whom have been with the company for over 10 years.
Our business has grown, diversified and maintained a legacy of innovation delivering an unrivalled level of customer service whilst continuing to invest in new technologies and evolve with emerging practices. We are committed to nurturing new talent, monitoring our environment responsibility, maintaining our social responsibility and delivering community benefits wherever possible.